<< Go Back up to Region ‘San Francisco Bay Area’
|Follow Mike Hume’s Historic Theatre Photography:|
Architect: Timothy L. Pflueger
First Opened: 22nd June 1922 (101 years ago)
Telephone: (415) 621-6120
The Castro Theatre opened in mid-1922, built by the Nasser brothers and designed by architect Timothy Pflueger. It was designed for movies, and hence featured minimal stage facilities despite vaudeville still being popular at the time of the theatre’s opening. 100 years after it opened, the theatre is still owned by the Nasser family.