<< Go Back up to Region ‘American Midwest (outside Chicago)’
|Follow Mike Hume’s Historic Theatre Photography:|
First Opened: 25th June 1927 (96 years ago)
Telephone: (816) 271-4628
The 1,400-seat theatre opened at the end of June 1927 with Rough House Rosie (1927) starring Clara Bow. The movie followed a welcome by Publix Theaters, a dramatic short feature, and a demonstration of the Wurlitzer organ by organist Howard Peterson.