<< Go Back up to Region ‘Florida’
|Follow Mike Hume’s Historic Theatre Photography:|
Architect: James E. Casale
First Opened: 22nd December 1928 (94 years ago)
Former Names: Melton Theatre
Telephone: (863) 682-7553
The Polk Theatre originally opened in 1928 as a 1,400-seat combination vaudeville/movie theatre built to serve a rural town of just 15,000. In 1982 the theatre was saved from the wrecking ball, and now serves as a local performing arts center and movie theatre.