<< Go Back up to Region ‘Ohio’
|Follow Mike Hume’s Historic Theatre Photography:|
Architect: John Eberson
First Opened: 22nd November 1926 (96 years ago)
Reopened: 24th April 1980
Telephone: (330) 454-8172
Address: 605 Market Ave N, Canton, OH 44702
The Canon Palace Theatre was built by local businessman Harry H. Ink, who had made his fortune from a sore throat remedy called Tonsiline. Noted theatre architect John Eberson designed the theatre which was reported to have cost over $1 million, and featured the city’s first air conditioning.